A signature Ayurvedic treatment that dates back to the ages. 'Siro' means head and 'dhara' means unbroken flow of liquid.
First, your head, neck and shoulders are massaged to relax and calm the mind. Following this, you will be made to lie comfortably on your back with your eyes and body covered. Lukewarm herbal oil is then hung from a specially designed vessel 8-9 inches above the forehead and made to drip in a continuous, soft stream for around 30 minutes. While the oil flows, the therapist gently massage the client's head.
This deeply soothing therapy relieves stress and strain related problems, promotes sound sleep, relieves headaches and migraine, slows the aging process, strengthens the senses, improves memory and ultimately strengthens the overall physical constitution of the individual. Usually performed over a continuous number of days for maximum effect. A shower usually follows the treatment.
Benefits of Sirodhara: Oil flow on forehead
- Ultimate mental and emotional relaxation therapy
- Highly effective for reducing stress and nervous tension
- Relaxes both the mind and body
- Removes built up toxins within the body
- Enhances positivity and improves self esteem
- Enhances the flow of nutrients to the body and brain
- Stabilizes the nervous system
- Treats nervous diseases like facial palsy, stroke etc
- Relieves sleeplessness and insomnia
- Improves concentration and memory
- Treats conditions like headaches and hair loss
- Improves effective brain function
- Helps in reducing frequent mood swings
- Increases blood circulation and oxygen transport within the body
- Nourishes scalp and hair