Specially selected herbs and spices are compressed into small linen bags and then dipped in hot, medicated oil and applied to the body or afflicted area. The ingredients seep through the bag and penetrate deep into the body to result in an intensive, heating and therapeutic treatment.
Also know as Pinda Sweda in Sanskrit - sweda meaning to sweat - this heating therapy is employed to relieve many problems, including arthritis, arthritis with inflammation, spondylosis, muscle pains, injuries sustained during sports or accidents, sciatica. It eases pain, reduces swelling, nourishes the body and improves blood circulation.
For ideal results, this treatment must be performed regularly to gain maximum benefits.
Our Partial Kizhi is a focused therapy designed to treat a specific part of the body. Can be combined with Abhyanga for a more intensive therapy session.
Benefits of Kizhi: Herbal hot bag massage
- Relieves pain, numbness and swelling
- Improves the strength of the muscles
- Improves peripheral blood supply
- Stimulates the nerve endings
- Highly effective for sports injuries
- Improves skin complexion
- Rejuvenates the body
- Good pain reliever in conditions like slipped disc, sciatica, etc
- Useful on its own or combined with body massage (Abhyanga)