This therapy is a beautiful combination of two classical Ayurvedic treatments, Snehana (oleation) and Swedana (sudation). In this highly sought after treatment, warm herbal oils are applied all over the body by two Ayurvedic therapists in a special rhythmic movement. The massage is very slow and light without exerting much pressure. The selection of oils is decided by the physician after thorough examination of the body. This unique therapy is considered as the most natural way to purify different body systems by making the body perspire.
This massage protects the body from illnesses and builds up immunity for healthy living. In addition, it is very useful in curing rheumatic conditions like arthritis, paralysis, blood pressure, sexual weakness, nervous weakness and disorders as well as degenerative diseases.
Benefits of Sarvanga Dhara: Full body oil bath
- Ensures better blood circulation
- Relieves body pain and muscle spasms
- Anti aging and rejuvenating
- Prescribed in clinical conditions like Paraplegia, Hemiplegia and other Vata dominant ailments.
- Promotes development of muscles
- Useful in treating headache, earache, humming in the ear and ailments connected with Vata in the head
- Alleviates the burning sensation in the body
- A soothing and relaxing procedure
- Used effectively in the treatment of traumatic pain contusion, pain and stiffness in the joints