Ayurvedic pregnancy massage helps women to prepare for labour emotionally and physically. It relieves back pain, swelling and pther pregnancy related pains. It is available from the second trimester through to post-partum recovery.
It works with gentle and repetitive strokes on the whole body, including head, hands and feet that contain some of the densest areas of nerve endings and acupressure points. The repetitiveness of the strokes helps relaxing the nervous system and the mind; the application of warm herbal oil is soothing and nourishing for the skin (and it is great to prevent stretch marks), as well as for the joints and muscles, keeping them supple.
Benefits of Garbhini Abhyanga: Pregnancy Massage
- Relieves headache, backache, cramps and swelling / oedema
- Reduces muscle tension created by extra weight of baby
- Increases serotonin, the body’s natural anti-pain compound.
- Increases circulation and improves natural collagen of skin, which helps to reduce the stretch marks.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Improves fatigue and assists with digestion.